Thursday, August 30, 2007

Silas says funny things too!

Silas has been doing a couple different things lately that are just too cute. First of all, he claps for himself after accomplishing anything and it cracks me up every time. Put a movie in the DVD player, clap clap. Put a toy away in the toy box, clap clap. Eat a piece of a donut, clap clap. Climb up on the bed, clap clap. I have no idea why I can never get enough of it, but it always makes me smile.

One of his first words that he uses consistently is "thank you". He first learned this word from one of Joel's Thomas movies, where a tuba player with a deep sing-songy voice would say "THANK YOU" in a silly way, and Silas would imitate the intonation perfectly and say "Dank-oo". Well, the "dank-oo" has slowly evolved into "Ditta". So now every time we give Silas anything he replies "Ditta" and we say, "You're welcome, Silas!" Strangers observing us must think we are nuts.
A few weeks ago, I was watching the boys while Jorie was out doing a jewelry show. She called to chat on her way to the show and as I hung up with her I said, "Love ya, bye!" Joel then asked me, "Who was that, daddy?" I said, "Hmmm let's see. Well I said "Love ya" when I hung up the phone so who could that be?" Joel still wasn't sure. Silas was intently following this exchange. So I said, "Well, I love the people in my family. I love you guys, but you're both here. Who else from our family do I love?" Joel was still pondering, but I could see from the gleam in his eye that he knew the answer. But before he could respond, Silas gleefully shouted, "Mama!!!"

No comments: