Friday, August 24, 2007

Grandpa and Uncle Tim save the day!

This past Saturday, Jorie and I were planning to attend a friend's wedding, but we were having major problems finding a babysitter during the weeks leading up to the wedding. So we gave my dad a call and he said he could do it! This was a huge relief for us, but we also knew it would be quite a challenge for my dad, as dealing with both boys all day can be pretty crazy even when you know their routines. Dinner time and bedtime can be especially challenging, and Grandpa would have to handle both. Fortunately, my brother, Tim, agreed to come along too so that they could handle the boys with a man-on-man defense instead of Grandpa playing zone.

I am happy to report they did an AWESOME JOB with the boys. When we came home, Joel and Silas were tucked in their beds successfully, sound asleep. We called to check in after the ceremony. We knew my dad had hoped to take the boys to the park, but since it was rainy, we were curious what activities they had planned. Turns out they took Joel and Silas to McDonald's playplace - great idea, Dad, as I know I have done the same thing several times when the weather is crummy and the boys need to get out of the house for a while.
So a huge THANK YOU to my dad and Tim for driving ALL the way up to Grayslake to spend some time with the boys. Joel and Silas both loved it and we look forward to doing it again sometime.

No comments: