Monday, September 3, 2007

Joel's expanding vocabulary and a prayer

Here are four sentences I've heard Joel use, with some new 4-syllable words. I am pretty impressed with him, for a 3-year old. I have no idea what is expected at this point, but this seems pretty good to me.

"I was looking for it on the high table, but it was on the original table." (high table = kitchen island, original table = kitchen table)

"This juice box will not cooperate with me." (this is after getting squirted in the face while squeezing the juice box too hard)

"Me and Silas are organizing the leaves." (Actually, they were throwing them off a bridge)

"Stop it, Silas! I'm concentrating on building a sand castle!" (Joel was piling toys into a big pile and pretending to build a sand castle, but Silas kept trying to take the toys to play with)

Joel also frequently uses the words actually and accidentally.
Our Library had been closed for a few days this past week and we had no idea what was going on. There has been some flooding recently, but it was hard to imagine that the library would have been affected by that. But we wondered, because we hadn't seen any signs, it was just suddenly closed all the time. Yesterday, I decided to try to take the boys to the library again, and hope it was opened now. When we pulled up to the library, I said, "Look, Joel, it's open! Yay!" Joel said, "Did they get all the water out?" I replied, "I don't know if there was water in there, Joel." He thought about it and said, "Hmmmm... was there poop?"I prayed with Joel last night, as usual, and he added this to my prayer. This is as close to word-to-word as I could remember: "Thank you for all the babies who are living right now and growing up, and thank you for the mommies who are living. I pray that they will keep on living and that they will not be dead." You gotta love kids. They love everybody and they cut right to point.

No comments: