Friday, August 29, 2008

Two chances



I know I'm overdue for a post with any real substance, I just haven't had the time to commit to the blog lately, but in the meantime, here's another great quote from Joel.

Yesterday, Silas was asking for something at dinner time, and I wasn't sure what he was saying. It sounded like "Shocks". So Silas would say, "Daddy, shocks." I responded, "Shots? You want shots, what do you mean?" Silas smiled amiably and said, "No, shocks!" Joel then asked, "Socks?" I said, "Good idea, Joel, do you want socks, Silas?" Then Silas got very upset and said "NOOOOOO, Daddy, SHOCKS!" Joel then resignedly said, "I guess we only get two chances."

Later, Jorie cleared up the confusion by pointing out that Silas had brought home a "Shrek" toy from Grandma's house and that was what he was asking for. D'oh!

Another one Joel said a few days ago, "When I grow up, am I gonna have to marry Silas?" We made sure to clear that confusion right up! Although, I can see why a little kid would come to that conclusion. He thinks Mommy and Daddy are about the same age, they live together, they got married. The other two people living together here are Joel and Silas, so... yeah a lot of things wrong with that picture, but hey that's how kids sort through this stuff.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

what an adorable pic! those boys are the cutest ones i know!!!!

Gma Rho said...

Joel certainly has a quick wit!

Gma Rho said...
This comment has been removed by the author.