Thursday, August 7, 2008

Silas quotes

Silas is talking more and more lately. He is a little hard to understand, but his grammar and sentence structure is amazing for a 2-year old. Here's some sentences he has said just in the last couple days.

"Whoah! That was the biggest wave I've ever seen in my whole life." (poor kid really needs to see the ocean, he said this in the bath tub)

"Here it is, Joel, I found it in your room."

He also is still our drama champ. If he's telling us about how something is cold, he does this little wide-eyed shiver that is hilarious. The other night, I noticed he was practicing his "BL" sound (this is how serious he is about speech, he goes around practicing specific sounds) and I said, "Good, Silas, can you say 'blue' for me?" He looked at me, grinned, and said as clear as day, "Bluetooth." No idea where he picked that up, I certainly don't go around saying "Bluetooth" very often.

Side note: please don't wear your bluetooth earpiece when you are not on the phone. I have seen this at the gym, at church, at restaurants, at parks, etc. Please, just don't. Are you really going to take a call during the morning sermon? If so, you have issues. The ONLY acceptable places for wearing one of these borg implant-looking devices are working at your desk or driving a car. Anywhere else and you just look like a HUGE DORK.

Here's Silas being dramatic

I know Joel has said a million funny things lately, but the problem is he talks so much, I can't remember the few particular hilarious things that he says. I need to get better about writing stuff down that Joel says so that they can survive long enough in my head to make it onto the blog. Joel still frequently says, "Put that down on the blog!" whenever something funny comes up -- now I just have to start listening to him.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hahaha... i sooo appreciate the bluetooth disclamier and you know why!! :)

Unknown said...

oops.. sorry for spelling 'disclaimer' wrong the first time!!