Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Olympic Commentary

Is everybody enjoying the Olympics? We haven't had much time to watch a lot of the events, but I have managed to Tivo a few, and we did catch the Men's Swimming 4x100m relay, which was one of the best Olympic moments in history. Seriously, it's up there with Kerri Strug sticking a vault landing on a broken ankle. If you didn't see it (or even if you did) check out this video. I found this especially cool with the British announcers.

D'oh! The video link I posted is now broken, due to copyright violation. Try searching YouTube for "Mens Swimming 4x100 Beijing" if you want to see it.

So there's greatness in the Olympics but there's some real duds too. Is synchronized diving the lamest event ever or what? Why is that an event? Of all the things to synchronize, why diving? They're standing right next to each other, counting to 3, and jumping into a pool. Anyone can do that. Synchronized pole vaulting, now there's an event. One bar, two guys, two poles, go for it. That's what I want to see, now that would be impressive to me. And what's up with beach volleyball? How did that get past the Olympic committee? No matter how hard I try, I can't imagine ancient Greeks playing beach volleyball.

More updates on the boys coming soon.

No comments: