Sunday, October 7, 2007

Is that where you live?

Here's a recent conversation I had with a Best Buy security guy, while waiting for a manager to approve my pickup of a large TV stand.

I looked at the size of the box and said, "Man, that thing's not gonna be fun to haul down to the basement."

Best Buy guy looked me over and said, "Is that where you live?"

With a bemused grin, I replied, "No, I live in the whole house."

He said, "Oh! You look like you're still in college or something."

I laughed and said, "Man, I've got two kids. I'm 31."

Then he raised his eyebrows and nodded and said, "Heh, well I know how you feel. I'm 36." (he looked about my age)

I said, "Really, I would have guessed about 46."

Just kidding, I didn't say that last part. I just had to share this little random conversation because I thought, "Is that where you live?" was a hilariously bizarre response. Not that there's anything wrong with living in the basement, if that's what you gotta do, but it seemed like a strange thing to assume, just because I want to put a TV stand down there.

The boys are hard at work, helping Daddy assemble the stand.

Joel made these himself out of the styrofoam that came with the stand. On the left is a house, on the right is a bird.

No comments: